05 December 2012

Chocolate Peppermint Chex Mix

I recently discovered Pinterest, which is where I found this fun little treat. I believe they called it reindeer feed or something cutesy like that.



6 cups rice Chex
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/3 cup finely crushed candy canes

Melt the chocolate (either in 30 second increments in the microwave or on the stove over low heat) and add half the candy. Mix the chocolate into the Chex, then spread on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle the remaining candy over the mix. Give it about 20 minutes to set, then break apart and enjoy. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.

 I still had some crushed up peppermint after I made the white chocolate mix, so I thought I'd try a milk chocolate batch. I personally like brown chocolate better than white, but both turned out yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I love all manner of Chex Mix. I used to make a chocolate mixture called Puppy Chow for my Sunday School and ski kids.

    ReplyDelete